Per Vermont Governor's Executive Order 01-20 and its various Directives and Addendums, and per State of Vermont Sector-Specific Guidance:
* Between May 22, 2020, and June 15, 2020, only Vermont residents and non-residents who can verify they have met the 14-day quarantine requirement may stay at our Inn.
* Guests must complete their self-quarantine in Vermont BEFORE arriving at our property which may not be used by visitors from out-of-state as a location to complete their initial quarantine.
* Guests are required to provide (via email) a copy of a driver's license, a health questionnaire, and a signed document attesting they meet the quarantine requirement.
* Same-day reservations will not be offered.
* Any guests that exhibit signs of illness or COVID-19 symptoms upon arrival may not be allowed to check in.
* Check-in will be done via phone, text messaging, and/or email instructions.
* If symptoms begin during guests' stay they must be asked to leave and return home if possible. If departure is not possible, guests must self-isolate for the remainder of their stay and the Vermont Department of Health must be contacted immediately.
* No gatherings of more than 10 people on the property are permitted.
* Any establishment that offers food or drink shall not permit on-premises consumption of food or drink. This directive prohibits us from offering our delightful breakfasts until at least June 15, 2020. Our rates are reduced by $20 per guest per day for stays between 05/22/2020-06/15/2020 to reflect this disappointing prohibition. We will issue the same credit for all future reservations if this restriction remains in effect during your stay.
* There are no currently imposed restrictions on stays starting June 16, 2020. Please use your judgment when making travel plans as all of our policies remain in effect. We will provide additional updates as needed.
* Lodging operations are currently limited to offering no more than 25% of their rooms, which reduces our available room count from 9 to 2. Due to this restriction, we require 2-night minimum stays.
By making and completing a reservation for a stay at Heart of the Village Inn, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and accepted Heart of the Village Inn's Policies, Terms & Conditions, and House Rules (including our Supplemental COVID-19 related policies) in their entirety on behalf of all persons staying with us as part of your reservation and acknowledge that you secured their understanding and acceptance of the same.
HEART OF THE VILLAGE INN POLICIES & HOUSE RULES (listed alphabetically):
* By Vermont state law, guests may not consume alcoholic beverages purchased elsewhere in any common indoor/outdoor areas of the property.
* Heart of the Village Inn is licensed by Vermont DLL Division of Liquor Control and offers an assortment of Vermont-made malt and vinous beverages for sale (by the bottle/can only).
* Must be 21 or older with a valid state-issued ID to purchase/consume alcoholic beverages on the Inn's premises. No refunds may be issued for alcohol purchases. The Inn reserves the right to limit or refuse to sell alcohol to guests who may appear intoxicated.
* Starting March 17, 2020, and until further notice, Heart of the Village Inn is not offering alcoholic beverages for sale.
* Reservations must be made online in this Official Heart of the Village Inn booking system no later than 6:00 pm the night before the arrival date. Reservations may not be made in person (walk-in) or over the phone.
* Reservations must be made by the actual guests who will be staying at the Inn. Reservations may not be made by travel agents, family members, and/or anyone who is not the primary guest.
* Room rates are charged per night and are based on double occupancy, King & Queen rooms have a 2-person maximum occupancy limit. 2-bed/Family Suites have a 4-person maximum occupancy limit, and there is an additional charge for the 3rd and 4th guest. Rates vary depending on season and time of year and are displayed in our online reservation system. Nightly rates shown do not include taxes and fees (added at the time of booking). Room rates include overnight stays for the booked time frame in selected rooms along with amenities expressly described on our website, breakfast for guests listed on the reservation (not exceeding maximum room occupancy), Wifi access, as well as one unassigned off-street parking spot parking for one standard-sized vehicle during nights of your reservation. Room rates exclude any other products or services, whether implied or not explicitly stated.
* Full prepayment with a major credit card is required for all reservations. The primary guest's name and contact details listed on the reservation must match the cardholder's information. Bed&Breakfast.com and/or any other 3rd party gift cards/certificates/vouchers are not accepted. Guests must email the property to redeem a Heart of the Village Inn gift card/certificate (must be issued after May 1, 2015).
* Depending on any restrictions on food & drink establishments imposed by the Vermont Department of Health, breakfast may be unavailable. If that is the case, no outside (delivery and/or pick-up) food or drink whatsoever may be consumed in our Breakfast rooms, common areas, and/or outdoor areas unless permitted by law and by the Inn.
* Breakfast is offered in our Breakfast Rooms between 8:00 am - 9:30 am on a reservation basis.
* As a rule, breakfast in room is not offered. This rule is subject to change depending on any applicable Vermont food safety regulations in effect at the time of stay.
* Breakfast is only offered to guests listed on the reservation (not exceeding maximum room occupancy).
* Guests with dietary restrictions not accommodated by our published breakfast menu must notify the innkeepers at the time of making a reservation.
* Prospective guests are strongly advised to purchase supplemental travel insurance from a 3rd party.
* Cancellation policies are effective once a reservation is booked and apply regardless of cancellation reasons.
* Cancellation and modification requests for reservations made directly with us (on our website www.heartofthevillage.com) must be submitted via email to email@example.com as a reply to your direct reservation confirmation.
* In order for a full 100% refund to be issued, all canceled rooms/nights must be fully rebooked by the property. A refund in the amount of successfully rebooked canceled room nights will be issued to the original payment method on file within 7 business days after the original check-out date. (Refunds may not be issued via cash or check.) If canceled room nights cannot be rebooked, the following scenarios apply:
- Cancellations received 31+ days prior to the arrival date are assessed a non-refundable processing fee in the amount of 30% of the reservation cost.
- Cancellations received within 30 days of the arrival date are completely non-refundable.
- In lieu of cancellation, reservations may be rescheduled for a later date. A 10% rescheduling fee applies to reschedule requests received 31+ days prior to the arrival date. A 50% rescheduling fee applies to reschedule requests received within 30 days of the arrival date. Rescheduled reservations may not be downgraded rate or duration wise. This policy also applies to all COVID-19 related cancellations.
* Shortening a reservation represents a partial cancellation.
* No-shows are treated as non-refundable cancellations.
* Reservations made through a 3rd party: refer to your confirmation email sent to you by an external travel agency where the reservation was made for all additional/cancellation-related details. Heart of the Village Inn does not participate in any cancellation, modification, and/or dispute-resolution process between guests and third-parties.
Certificate of Compliance (required by the State of Vermont):
I, the undersigned, certify that:
a. I have not left the state of Vermont for any reason except essential travel in the past 14 days; OR
b. I have completed a 14-day self-quarantine and have not left the state of Vermont since completing this quarantine; OR
c. I am authorized to work in the State of Vermont under the existing State of Emergency.
2. I also certify that I have not had close contact with a person confirmed to have COVID-19 within the last 14-days.
3. I also certify that I do not currently, and have not had in the past 24 hours, any of the following symptoms:
* A fever above 100.4o F / 38o C, or felt feverish;
* Muscle pain;
* Sore throat;
* New loss of taste or smell
4. I also certify that all persons in my care who are included in this reservation meet the criteria described in §§1-3 above. A list of their names is included below.
5. I have read and understand this entire Certificate of Compliance and make the above certifications under the pains and penalties of perjury. I will provide a signed copy of this Certificate upon arrival at the Inn.
* Check-in is between 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm EST.
* Early check-in (12:00 pm - 3:00 pm) may be available based on prior communication & additional fees ($30/hour/room).
* Late self check-in (after 6:00 pm) requires prior communication & a security deposit.
* Self-check-in may be required.
* Guests agree to avoid in-person contact with innkeepers and other guests if necessary.
* Only guests listed on the reservation are allowed on the property.
* A valid ID & a valid credit card will be required at check-in. A $50 authorization hold will be placed on the card for validation purposes on the check-in date. In the event of self-check-in, guests will be required to provide a copy of their ID via email.
* 11:00 am EST.
* Late check-out can only be accommodated with the owner's approval and an applicable fee. Unauthorized late check-outs will incur a minimum full daily rate.
* Early check-outs are treated as last-minute non-refundable cancellations not eligible for rescheduling.
Our guests choose Heart of the Village Inn for its tasteful balance of charming historic elegance, hip modern vibe, and relaxing experience - all of which appeal to adult couples. For this reason, our minimum guest age is 18 years.
* Guests agree to receive property emails and text messages related to their stay.
* Email and text messaging are the preferred communication method.
Health / COVID-19 Safety:
* Only registered guests listed on the reservation are allowed on the property grounds and in guestrooms. Personal visitors/companions are not authorized to enter the property at any time.
* Guests may not enter the premises if they have symptoms of respiratory illness. If a guest has signs of sickness, such guest must reschedule their stay.
* Guests may be required to wear masks in common indoor areas. Additional guidance will be provided in the courtesy reminder email sent 7 days prior to the scheduled arrival date.
* During your visit/stay at Heart of the Village Inn:
- Sanitize hands with alcohol hand wash before entry.
- Use tissues to capture any coughs or sneezes.
- Regularly wash hands.
- Keep a sensible distance from each other and avoid contact.
* Guests understand and agree that the risk of COVID-19 exposure will still exist. If a guest is exposed to COVID-19 or contracts it during their stay and has to self-quarantine at the Inn, we may be able to allow them to complete their reservation or remain for the length of their self-isolation period. Additional charges based on the original nightly rates will apply.
Housekeeping / Room Service:
* Rooms Service and housekeeping in a traditional sense, including turn-down service, are not offered.
* As a courtesy, daily light room refreshment limited to towel replacement and bathroom trash removal only is offered between 11:00 am and 1:00 pm.
* Innkeepers will not be entering guest rooms during your stay. Fresh towels & toiletries will be dropped off outside of your room door.
* Guests will be responsible for transferring their trash to the dumpster and used linens to the linen bin on a daily basis.
Luggage storage and assistance with guests' luggage is not offered.
The Inn is not responsible for any noise/disturbance caused by other guests or by any external sources.
* King and Queen rooms have a maximum occupancy of 2 adult guests (at least 1 must be an adult 21+).
* Barstow and Harrington suites have a maximum occupancy of 4 adult guests (at least 1 must be an adult 21+).
* Additional beds/cots or split beds are not offered. Additional guests in excess of occupancy capacity limits are not permitted.
Outdoor Gear / Restricted Items:
* No outdoor/sports/adventure gear may be stored indoors (common areas, guest rooms, or Inn's private quarters) or attached to the Inn's buildings/property in any way. Such gear and items include but are not limited to: bikes, kayaks, skis, snowboards, strollers, beverage coolers, dirty footwear and outerwear. Such gear and items must be kept in guests' vehicles.
* If you are traveling by bicycle and need secure covered parking, we may be able to offer basement storage for $30/day/bike (based on availability). There is no outdoor bicycle parking/storage on our premises - if you choose to leave your bike outside, you will do so at your own risk. Bikes or any other gear may not be secured to the Inn's buildings or property.
* One complimentary unassigned standard car-sized parking spot per room/suite.
* Oversized vehicles and any additional vehicles may have to be parked in the Town's safe and secure public parking lot across the street next to the Shelburne Police Station and the Town Offices.
* Any items borrowed by guests from the Inn (books, games, etc.) must be returned by guests prior to check-out.
* Any damage to the Inn's property caused by a guest will be repaired at such guest's expense.
* The Inn is not responsible for the loss of or damage to guests' personal items. Guests are responsible for keeping their vehicle(s) and room(s) securely locked at all times.
* The Inn does not maintain Lost & Found. Any low-value personal items discovered after a guest's departure will be discarded. High-value personal items can be picked up from the Inn at no charge on the day of the departure. Should the item need to be mailed to the guest, a minimum $50 S&H fee will be charged to the guest's credit card in addition to any actual postage-related expenses.
Pets, Emotional Support / Companion / Comfort Animals, and Service Animals:
* Absolutely no pets or emotional support/companion/comfort animals of any kind or size are allowed on the Inn's grounds and premises. Guests may not bring/leave animals in a vehicle parked in the Inn's lot.
* Guests traveling with an ADA-compliant service dog individually trained to do work or perform tasks directly related to such guests' disabilities are required to notify the Inn during the booking process. Pets, emotional support, therapy, comfort, or companion animals do not qualify as service animals. Service animals may not be left alone in guestrooms. A service dog handler is expected to control the service animal at all times and observe all handler responsibilities. Handlers who are unable to control their service animals will be directed to leave the Inn immediately
Property Access / Restricted Areas:
* Certain areas of the Inn are not accessible to guests.
* Until further notice, guests do not have access to the common indoor/outdoor areas of the property. Guests do not have access to the Inn's kitchen, laundry facilities, basement, storage areas or private quarters. Only the guests staying in the Carriage House may access the Carriage House.
* The Inn's historic buildings do not have elevators and are not wheelchair accessible.
Safety & Security:
* The Inn is equipped with digital locks and a video security system in public areas.
* Guests will be provided a unique access code and may not share it with anyone other than their travel companion(s) listed on the reservation.
* Guests are responsible for keeping their room and property entrances securely locked at all times (including at check-out).
* For historic preservation and general cleanliness reasons (including anti-COVID-19 measures), the Inn is a "no-shoes" property (no exceptions).
* Guests are required to remove their street/outdoor shoes upon entering Inn's buildings. Outdoor shoes are not allowed past the foyer / in guest rooms and/or common areas and must be stored in shoe racks in the buildings' foyers. Guests are encouraged to bring a set of slippers for their comfort and for protection of the Inn's floors.
* All guestrooms and indoor areas of the property are non-smoking / non-vaping.
* Smoking outside is permitted; guests are responsible for proper outdoor disposal of used smoking products and accessories in the dumpster behind the property.
* No candles, incense, or any other substances may be burned in any indoor areas of the Inn.
The Inn reserves the right to rescind/withdraw any special offers extended by to a guest should any guests listed on the reservation violate the Inn's Policies and House Rules.
Property tours are not offered. The Inn's website provides a wealth of information about the Inn and each room's page contains a very detailed description and photos.
* The Inn is a carry-in/carry-out property. Guests are responsible for depositing trash, recyclables, and compostables in specially designated areas.
* Should excessive trash be left in the room at check-out, the Innkeepers reserve the right to determine the final cleaning fee amount.
Violations of Policies and Rules:
Should a guest violate any of Heart of the Village Inn rules and policies accepted as a condition of making a reservation, a minimum charge of $250.00 will apply, such guest's reservation may be canceled immediately without a refund, and such guest may be removed from the property immediately.
Waiver of Liability & Hold Harmless Agreement:
In consideration for making a reservation for a stay at HEART OF THE VILLAGE INN (hereinafter the "Provider or Provider"), I, on behalf of myself and any persons included in this reservation for whom I have the capacity to contract, hereby acknowledge and agree to the following: 1. I understand the hazards of the novel coronavirus ("COVID-19") and am familiar with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ("CDC") guidelines regarding COVID-19. I acknowledge and understand that that the circumstances regarding COVID-19 are changing from day to day and that, accordingly, the CDC guidelines are regularly modified and updated and I accept full responsibility for familiarizing myself with the most recent updates. 2. Notwithstanding the risks associated with COVID-19, which I readily acknowledge, I hereby willingly choose to stay with the Provider. 3. I and all persons included in this reservation acknowledge and fully assume the risk of illness or death related to COVID-19 arising from my being on the Provider's premises and hereby RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE (on behalf of myself and any persons for whom I have the capacity contract) Heart of the Village Inn, their owners, officers, directors, agents, employees, associated corporations and LLC and assigns (the "RELEASEES") from any liability related to COVID-19 which might occur as a result my being on the Provider's premises. 4. I and all persons included in this reservation shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the RELEASEES from and against any and all claims, demands, suits, judgments, losses or expenses of any nature whatsoever (including, without limitation, attorneys' fees, costs and disbursements, whether of in-house or outside counsel and whether or not an action is brought, on appeal or otherwise), arising from or out of, or relating to, directly or indirectly, the infection of COVID-19 or any other illness or injury. 5. It is my express intent that this Waiver and Hold Harmless Agreement shall bind any assigns and representatives, and shall be deemed as a RELEASE, WAIVER, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the above-named RELEASEES. This Agreement and the provisions contained herein shall be construed, interpreted and controlled according to the laws of the State of Vermont. I HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND VOLUNTARILY WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL OF ANY DISPUTE ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT. IN SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT AND BY MAKING A RESERVATION OFR A STAY WITH THE PROVIDER, I ACKNOWLEDGE AND REPRESENT THAT I have read the foregoing Wavier of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement, understand it and sign it voluntarily as my own free act and deed; no oral representations, statements, or inducements, apart from the foregoing written agreement, have been made; I am at least eighteen (18) years of age and fully competent; and I execute this Agreement for full, adequate and complete consideration fully intending to be bound by same.